Monday, November 19, 2012

NOTD: Orly Glowstick

I really hated neon nails for the longest time. I didn't see why it was appealing - the color was often so tacky and disgusting. That all changed when a beauty guru I love on youtube, missglamorazzi, showed an incredible neon creme in one of her favorites videos. As soon as I saw it in the video, I knew I just needed to have it in my life. The color was gorgeous.

I was gifted this polish as part of the makeup/nail exchange on Reddit a couple months ago and when I saw the polish in the bottle I nearly died of excitement. The color was simply obnoxious - so bright, so neon. It hurt a little to look at. I immediately fell in love.

Leading up to me wearing the polish, I told everyone I knew that I was going to paint my nails the most disgusting and obnoxious neon color of all time. I was unbelievably excited. When my roommate came back to the room the day I got in the mail, I eagerly ran over saying "Tomoyo, you won't believe how obnoxious a color this is, I love it so much". Needless to say, I was infatuated with the color.
Two coats over one coat of white, top coat, natural light. It was a rainy day.
My expectations were more than exceeded. When I painted the yellow over a white coat, it was like liquid highlighter on my nails. I wish pictures could do it justice, but they simply can't. The picture above was the closes I could get to capture the real glowy-ness off the polish. It really did hurt to look at. It really does glow, especially in sort of blue-tinted light outside. You couldn't ignore the color if you tried. My friend called it "tennis ball color", which I would say is a pretty accurate description. When I went to the post office, the guy asked me if I was going to a rave tonight because of my nails.

I love this neon. It's wonderful, it makes me immensely happy to wear and see. I highly recommend it to everyone, especially if you want a little attention because of your nails (this one definitely gets attention!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment