Tuesday, October 16, 2012

On Influenster

I heard about this awesome site called Influenster a long time ago from some unknown beauty guru on Youtube. As far as I was concerned, it was a service that sends me free stuff, so sign me up! I looked further into the site until one day, it disappeared and a new influenster appeared.

Now, I've never been the one to care much about getting achievements, but Influenster makes it fun. Your badges are a representation of things you love - be they gaming or be they fashion. The newer site has an even larger array of things you can review and identify as liking which I really like because my life is not filled with only a love of beauty products, it's also filled with a love of electronics. I look forward to seeing where these badges go in the future. 

However, considering the title and nature of this blog, I should talk to you about the girly bits. 

Now, I don't care much for makeup samples, and Influenster doesn't deliver you just that. They deliver you what I like to think of as lifestyle samples - things you can really use. Unlike subscriptions services like Birchbox which send you miniature perfumes each month and a "deluxe sample" of some face product you probably will never use, Influenster sends things that are really useful. Like great hand creams, granola bars, inserts for your shoes, artificial sweeteners...the list goes on. I love this because I feel like these samples are things I really do want to try out and Influenster gives me this ability to do it. 

But the thing I love most about Influenster is the boxes are not filled with high end products. Instead, they're filled with things you can get at the grocery store or drugstore. This means that when I fall in love with the hand cream they send me, I can go out and buy it for a couple bucks instead of $30 like some other boxes. I love this because it's introducing me to things I will love and use frequently.

Overall, highly suggest the site. You have to put in some work if you want to get samples, but I think it's well worth it considering they're samples you'll use and love very easily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment