Wednesday, October 24, 2012

NOTD: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Gunmetal

I've heard nothing but glowing reviews for ages about the Xtreme Wear line of polishes. From beauty gurus, amateurs, friends...everyone had only good things to say about the line. Now, considering my passion for reasonably priced nail polish, this meant my ownership of my own Xtreme Wears was pretty much inevitable.

When Walgreens had a B2G1 free sale on Xtreme Wear, I knew now was my time. There were a couple shades in the line that I had been eyeing and I have a really hard time saying no to a good deal on nail polish. Gunmetal was the one I designated as my "free" polish. The other two I knew I wanted, but Gunmetal was a color I saw in the store and thought look interested and decided, of the available options, that was the one I liked best for my third. I thought it would be a great color for fall/winter (at the time, it was still summer and waaaay too nice outside for dark colored nails).

Well, ironically, Gunmetal was the first I got around to wearing. I brought the polish with me as one of two choices while visiting home over fall break. I decided to only bring drugstore polishes, lest something go horribly wrong and any of my polishes break in transport. It ended up being the first of the two that I used. My expectations were really low - the color wasn't that exciting and neither was what I expected the finish to be. However, my expectations were beyond exceeded.

Please excuse how bad I am at painting my nails. the sad state of my cuticles and the fact I can't stop myself from biting my nails long enough for them to reach a respectable length. Oh and the ring finger - I don't know what happened there.

I LOVE this color. The color looks sort of duochrome-y on the nails, which isn't portrayed at all in the bottle. It's a really cool color too - a very complex dark grey that for some reason I can not stop looking at. There's elements of blue and green to it that make it a pretty unique color on the nails. Application was great, and it was 2 coats easy (you could probably get away with 1 thick coat if you tried). Although I never really appreciated it before, I'm really glad that Gunmetal is part of my collection now. I think I'll definitely wear it again before the weather gets warm. The color exceeded my expectations immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment